Yucatan Chicken, black beans, rice, pineapple salsa
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 30 MINS
Black beans (⅓ of supplied)
Corn (2/3 of supplied)
White onion (⅓ of supplied)
Coriander (½ of supplied)
Jalapeño chilli (½ of supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, char grill pan, frying pan or barbecue, colander or strainer, chopping board, knife
Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic, dairy
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
We have included chilli in this dish. Please only use as much as you want.
1. Preheat a char grill pan
2. Cook the chicken: Combine the marinade and a little oil, spread over the chicken. Cook the chicken on the preheated pan over medium heat for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Turn half way through cooking. Remove from the pan.
3. Prepare the corn and pineapple: Wash the produce. Peel and cut the pineapple into wedges, remove the core. Carefully peel the husk away from the corn and pull the hair off the corn, wash well. Cook the corn and pineapple on the char grill pan with the chicken. Cook the pineapple for 5 minutes. Cook the corn for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Prepare the rice: Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve. Stir through the black beans before serving.
5. Make the salsa: Finely chop the onion, jalapeño and coriander. Chop the charred pineapple.
Combine the pineapple, the jalapeño, half of the onion and half of the coriander with a pinch of salt.
6. To serve: Divide the beans and rice, chicken and salsa between serving plates. Top with the remaining onion and coriander. Serve with the grilled corn and citrus butter.