Sweet potato & hazelnuts, pasta salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Hazelnuts & pumpkin seeds
Red onion (use ½ supplied)
Green capsicum (use ½ supplied)
Parsley (use ½ supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Flat char grill, barbecue or frying pan, saucepan, sieve or colander, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Preheat the oven to 210C fan forced.
2. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Dice the capsicums. Dice the tomatoes. Dice the onions. Chop the parsley.
3. Cook the sweet potato: Preheat a flat grill over medium heat (or frying pan, barbecue or oven). Drizzle the sweet potato with a little oil. Place on the grill or in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Cook the pasta: Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Put the pasta in the boiling water. Boil for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through.
5. Make the chimichurri: Combine the sliced parsley with the chimichurri base.
6. Make the pasta salad: Combine the pasta with the diced onions, capsicums, tomatoes and a couple of spoons of the mixed chimichurri.
7. To serve: Place the sweet potato onto serving plates.Top with the remaining chimichurri and hazelnut and pumpkin seeds. Serve with the pasta salad.