Spiced lamb, Muhammara, pickled onion & turnip
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 15 MINS
Pickled turnips and onion
Red onion (1/3 supplied)
Lemon (1/3 supplied)
Parsley (½ supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, large frying pan, heat proof bowl, colander or strainer, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Dairy, wheat, gluten, onion, garlic, walnut, may contain traces of sesame
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Halve the carrot lengthways, and slice thickly. Thinly slice the parsley and onion. Soak the bulgur in boiling water in a heatproof bowl for 5 minutes or until hydrated, remove any excess water. Cut the lemon into wedges. Slice the lamb into thin strips.
2. Blanch the carrots: Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Add the carrots and cook for one minute. Strain through a colander.
3. Cook the lamb: Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the lamb, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan.
4. Make the salad: Combine the carrots, parsley, onion, drained bulgur and most of the pickles. Squeeze some lemon over the salad. Toss to combine.
5. To serve: Divide the salad between the serving plates. Spread the muhammara onto the plate and top with the lamb and remaining pickles.