Pork Gyros, Potatoes, tzatziki
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Marinated pork fillet
Potato (1/3 of supplied)
Red onion (1/2 of supplied)
Lemon (1/2 of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Large frying pan, mixing bowl, knife, chopping board
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed) salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, gluten
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare pork: Remove the pork from the bag and slice it as thinly as possible.
2. Make the fries: Cut the potatoes into 1cm thin strips. Splash a generous amount of oil in a frying pan and place the potatoes in one layer in the pan. Cook the potatoes, turning often, for approximately 8-10 minutes or until crispy and cooked through. Remove the potatoes and drain on a paper towel. Do not wash the pan.
3. Make tzatziki: Dice the cucumber and mix with the garlic yogurt.
4. Make the salad: Wash the vegetables. Slice lettuce lengthways. Thinly slice the onion and finely chop the oregano. Combine all salad ingredients with some lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste.
5. Cook the pork: Place the pork in the frying pan. Cook in batches, 2 minutes each side, until browned and cooked through.
6. Toast the pita: Cook the pita directly over a gas flame for 30 seconds each side, or until warmed through.
7. To serve up: Place a pita onto each plate. Top with the tzatziki, salad and pork. Season the chips and scatter over the top.