Huevos burrito: scrambled egg, pico de gallo
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO.
Large flour tortillas
Green tomato salsa
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, gluten, wheat, egg
Green tomato salsa: Ingredients: Tomato, onion, coriander, spices, garlic, lime, citric acid, salt. Contains: Onion and garlic
Flour tortilla: Contains: Gluten, wheat. May contain: Soy
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Finely chop the tomato. Finely chop the onion. Cut the lime into wedges. Thinly slice the coriander.
2. Cook the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked, strain the rice through a sieve.
3. Cook the eggs: Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the egg mixture. Cook for 2 minutes or until almost cooked, then add half of the green tomato salsa. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Make pico de gallo: Combine the tomato, onion and coriander in a bowl.
5. To serve: Lay the tortilla flat. Place some rice, egg and pico de gallo in the centre. Fold in the sides and roll tightly. Halve the burrito and serve with the remaining pico de gallo, green tomato salsa and lime wedges.