Chicken milanese, crushed potato, peperonata
WRITTEN RECIPE AND DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
Salsa verde base
Red desiree potato
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, wheat, gluten, onion
Salsa verde base: Ingredients: Garlic, capers, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, vinegar, herbs, chilli, salt. Allergens: Garlic
Chicken schnitzel: Best before: 19/02/2021
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Peel and roughly chop the potatoes into large pieces. Thinly slice the onions. Thinly slice the capsicums. Finely chop the parsley. Cut the lemon into wedges.
2. Cook the potatoes: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Boil the potato pieces for 8 minutes, or until tender. Strain the potatoes through a sieve or colander. Place into a bowl and crush lightly with a little chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
3. Cook the Milanese and the peperonata: Add a large splash of oil into a frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the schnitzel for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel before serving. Wipe out the pan and then heat a splash of oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes or until just softened. Add the capsicums and half of the salsa verde base. Cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the capsicums have softened.
4. Make salsa verde: Combine the remaining parsley, remaining salsa verde mix and a squeeze of lemon in a bowl.
5. To serve: Divide the potatoes between the serving plates. Top with the Milanese and the peperonata. Serve with the salsa verde and remaining lemon wedges.