Chicken gyros wrap with tomato salad & mint yoghurt
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Chicken maryland fillet
Gyros spice mix
Allergens: Garlic, onion, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten
Pantry staples: Salt
Note: The chicken can also be cooked in a frying pan.
1. Preheat the oven to 210C fan forced.
2. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Dice the tomatoes. Dice the cucumbers. Slice the onions. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop some of the mint. Pick leaves from the remaining mint.
3. Cook the chicken: Combine the chicken with a third of the yogurt and the spice mix. Stack the chicken on top of each other and place on a lined baking tray. Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until browned on the outside and cooked through.
Once cooled enough to touch, thinly slice the chicken. Place a frying pan over high heat then add the sliced chicken and pan juices and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Make the yogurt: Place the remaining yoghurt, chopped mint and garlic in a small bowl and mix to combine. Season to taste.
5. Heat the pita: Heat and soften the pitas directly over a gas flame or in a frying pan.
6. To serve: Divide the pitas between serving plates. Top with the chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and mint yoghurt and remaining mint leaves.