Charred broccoli, mustard mash, zucchini, asparagus & dill salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Mustard butter (use all)
Broccoli (use all)
Red desiree potato (use all)
Zucchini (use all)
Asparagus (use all)
Dill (use ½ supplied)
Lemon (use ½ supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium sized saucepan, medium sized frying pan, chopping board, knife, strainer or colander, whisk
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Dairy, gluten, yeast, wheat
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
Please note that we have sent two types of potatoes in the box. Use the RED ones for this dish.
** Our videos now include the vegetarian method.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables. Slice the broccoli into two steaks. Reserve any additional florets and chop roughly. Grate the zucchini. Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and cut them into 5cm pieces. Pick the leaves off the dill. Finely chop half of the dill.
2. Prepare the mash: Peel and grate the red desiree potato. Place the grated potato in a sieve or colander and rinse off the starch. Place the grated potato in a saucepan with some water (approximately 1/3 cup per person). Place the saucepan over a medium-low heat and cook for 5 minutes until the potato is soft. If there is too much water reduce by boiling the potato mix. Add 3/4 of the mustard butter to the potatoes. Combine the mustard butter and potato with a whisk or spoon to form the mash.
3. Cook the broccoli: Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Put the large broccoli pieces in the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute to blanch briefly. Place the broccoli onto a plate, coat with a little oil. Heat a grill pan (or frying pan) over medium heat. Char the broccoli and asparagus for 2 minutes each side or until tender. Coat the asparagus with the remaining mustard butter.
4. Make the salad: Combine the zucchini, a little salt and juice of half the lemon in a mixing bowl. Set to the side for a couple of minutes then add the charred asparagus, the remaining broccoli florets and finely chopped dill.
5. To serve: Divide the mash between the serving plates. Serve with the charred broccoli and the salad. Top with a wedge of lemon and the remaining dill.