Bun cha, pork meatballs, vermicelli noodles, Vietnamese mint
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 15 MINS
Pork meatball mix
Nuoc cham (½ of supplied, for night two and three)
Peanut and shallot mix
Spring onion (⅓ of supplied)
Carrot (⅓ of supplied)
Cucumber (½ of supplied)
Lettuce (⅓ of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium/large frying pan, heat proof bowl, colander or sieve, knife, chopping board
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Peanut, garlic, onion, shellfish
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables. Pick the Vietnamese mint leaves. Halve the cucumber and slice thinly on the diagonal. Cut the carrot into matchstick-sized pieces. Slice the radishes into rounds. Separate the lettuce leaves.
2. Soak the vermicelli: Place the vermicelli noodles in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under running water. Season the noodles with a little nuoc cham.
3. Cook the meatballs: Using wet hands, roll the meatballs into five balls per person, and flatten slightly. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs for 8 minutes, or until cooked through and well browned.
4. Make the salad: Combine all the vegetables, except the lettuce, and Vietnamese mint with a little of the nuoc cham in a bowl. Mix well.
5. To serve: Divide the noodles between the serving bowls. Top the noodles with the meatballs, salad, lettuce, peanut and shallot mix and remaining nuoc cham.