BBQ barramundi, garlic butter, mango salsa
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Lemon (use ½ of supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Bowl, char grill, barbecue or frying pan, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic, dairy
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1cm slices. Cut the lemon into wedges. Peel and cut the mango into a small dice. Cut the tomato into a small dice. Thinly slice the spring onion greens on a diagonal. Slice the spring onion whites into thin rounds. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the parsley. Bring the butter up to room temperature.
2. Cook the barramundi: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the barramundi skin side down. Put a piece of baking paper on the fish and place a weight on it. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes on the skin side or until crisp and almost cooked. Gently flip the fish and continue cooking on the other side for an additional minute or two. Remove the fish from the pan.
3. Cook the zucchini: Preheat a char grill or barbecue over high heat. Lightly oil the zucchini and place on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes each side, or until just tender.
4. Make the garlic butter: Combine the soft butter, garlic, half of the parsley and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
5. Make the salad: Meanwhile, combine the mango, spring onion whites, the tomato and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well.
6. To serve: Divide the zucchini between the serving plates. Top with the salad, spring onion greens and the barramundi. Melt a spoon of garlic butter onto the fish. Serve with the lemon wedges.