Baked barramundi parcel, kisir, herb salad
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
READY IN: 30 MINS
Turkish pepper flakes
Green bullhorn pepper
Allergens: Garlic, onion, gluten wheat
Pantry staples: Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the brown onions. Thinly slice the bullhorn peppers. Chop the spring onion whites finely. Slice the spring onion greens. Thinly slice the garlic. Roughly chop the parsley. Slice the lemon into wedges.
3. Cook the filling: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add half of the onions, bullhorn peppers and garlic. Cook for five minutes or until soft. Reduce the heat and add 3/4 of the tomato polpa. Cover and continue to cook gently for another five minutes. Season to taste.
4. Cook the fish: Place a square of baking paper into a baking tray. Lay the fish in the centre of the paper and spoon the filling on top. Fold the paper to enclose the fish. Place the parcels in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively, nestle the fish into the filling while still on the stove top. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for ten minutes or until the fish is cooked.
5. Make the kisir: Heat a frying pan and add the remaining tomato polpa. Cook for a couple minutes or until the tomato thickens. Add the spring onion whites, bulgur and water to cover the bulgur. Bring to the boil; cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff the bulgur with a fork and stir in some of the parsley.
6. Make the salad: Place the remaining onions in a bowl. Sprinkle it with the pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Rub in the salt and let sit for five minutes. Add the spring onion greens and the remaining parsley. Mix to combine.
7. To serve: Divide the fish, kisir and salad between serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges.