Zucchini skewers, radish & orange salad
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Parsley (use ½ supplied)
Red onion (use ½ supplied)
Green capsicum (use ½ supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Char grill, barbecue or frying pan, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
Please note, if you are using the barbecue please soak the skewers for 10 minutes beforehand.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash all the vegetables. Roughly chop the onions and the capsicums. Peel and slice the oranges into rounds. Cut the radish into match-stick size pieces. Roughly chop the zucchini and eggplant.
2. Cook the skewers: Preheat the char grill pan (or frying pan or barbecue) over medium heat. Carefully thread the zucchini, eggplant , onions and capsicums onto the skewers. Sprinkle a little salt and oil over the skewers. Place onto the preheated grill and cook, turning often, for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the grill. Grill any onion and capsicum that was not used on the skewers.
3. Make the charred chimichurri: Briefly place the parsley onto the hot grill until charred slightly. Finely chop the parsley, charred onions and charred capsicums.Mix with the chimichurri base.
4. Make the salad: Lay the oranges onto a serving plate. Top with the radish. Drizzle with a little olive oil and a touch of salt.
5. To serve: Divide the skewers between the serving plates. Serve with the charred chimichurri and salad.