Zucchini & feta fritters, lentil salad
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Lentils and bulgur
Seed and fruit mix
Cucumber (use 1/3 supplied)
Red onion (use 1/2 supplied)
Fritter flour mix
PANTRY STAPLES:: Cooking oil
YOU’LL NEED: Frying pan, saucepan, colander or sieve, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, dairy, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash all the vegetables. Slice the parsley thinly. Dice the cucumber. Coarsely grate the zucchini.
2. Cook the lentils and bulgur: Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the lentils and bulgur to the water. Simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and cool under running water.
3. Cook the fritters: Mix the grated zucchini, feta and fritter flour. Add a little water to bind the mix. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Using a spoon add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to the pan for each fritter (you can cook a few at a time, just leave yourself enough space for flipping). Cook the fritters for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through, using a turner to flip them. Add the rosemary at the end of the cooking to crisp up the leaves.
4. Make the salad: Combine the cooled grains with the seed mix, cucumber, tomato, onion and the lemon dressing.
5. To serve: Serve the zucchini fritters with the grain salad.