Zaatar flatbread, eggplant, feta, pomegranate dressing
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
READY IN: 15 MINS
Red onion (1/3 supplied)
Parsley (½ supplied)
Tomato (½ supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Char grill pan or frying pan, chopping board, knife, vegetable peeler, baking tray
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Dairy, wheat, gluten, onion, sesame
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan forced.
2. Prepare the produce: Wash the vegetables. Finely chop the parsley, onion and tomato. Halve and slice the radish. Slice the cheeks off the lemon. Remove half of the eggplant skin using a peeler, halve and slice thickly.
3. Cook the eggplants: Preheat a char grill or frying pan. Slightly oil the eggplant pieces and place onto the preheated grill plate. Cook for 8 minutes or until soft and charred. Cover with a bowl if needed. Remove from the heat into a serving bowl and drizzle with half of the pomegranate dressing.
4. Make the salad: Combine the parsley, onion, tomato and radish in a bowl. Combine with half of the pomegranate dressing, a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt.
5. Cook the zaatar pitas: Put the pitas on a baking tray. Combine a splash of oil with the zaatar, spread it on the flatbreads. Place in the preheated oven. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
6. To serve: Divide the eggplant and salad among the serving plates with a lemon wedge. Place the feta over the salad. Serve with the zaatar pitas.