Zaatar chickpea tabbouleh
WRITTEN RECIPE AND DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Gluten, yeast, onion, wheat
Za’atar: Ingredients: Thyme, oregano, coriander, cumin, sesame. Allergens: Sesame
Flatbread: Allergens: Wheat, gluten, yeast
Bulgur: Allergens: Wheat, gluten
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the onion. Cut the tomatoes into wedges. Thinly slice the cucumber. Roughly chop the parsley. Thinly slice the radish. Cut the lemon into wedges.
2. Cook the chickpeas: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes or until the chickpeas crisp slightly. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the zaatar over the chickpeas.
3. Make the tabouli: Meanwhile, place the bulgur in a bowl with a tablespoon of water per person. Let sit for 10 minutes for the bulgur to absorb the liquid. Remove any excess liquid. Add the onion, tomato, cucumber, parsley, half of the lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt to the bulgur. Stir well to combine.
4. Heat the flatbread: Cook the flatbread directly over a gas flame (or in a frying pan or in the oven) for 10 seconds each side or until warmed through. Cut into wedges
5. To serve: Divide the tabouli between the serving plates. Serve with the chickpeas and flatbread.