Tofu larb, mint, rice
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
Thai ground roasted rice
Allergens: Soy, onion, garlic. Sauce may contain shellfish
Pantry staples: Cooking oil
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Halve and thinly slice the cucumber. Thinly slice the shallots into rounds. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Cut the cabbage into large wedges. Chop the chilli into thin rounds. Roughly chop the mint. Cut the tofu into a small dice.
2. Cook the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water.Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked, strain the rice through a sieve.
3. Cook the tofu: Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the tofu and gently fry the tofu for 5 minutes. Add a splash of the thai dressing, remove from the heat.
4. Assemble the salad: Place the cucumber, shallots, tomatoes and mint into a bowl. Add the tofu, the roasted rice powder and the remaining thai dressing. Add chilli to your liking but be careful, these chillies are hot!
5. To serve: Divide the cabbage wedges and salad between the serving dishes. Serve with the jasmine rice.