Thai beef salad, vegetables, rice noodles
DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Rice wine vinegar
Peanut and shallot mix
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic, peanut, fish
1. Preheat the char grill pan.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Slice the capsicums. Slice the onions. Slice the cucumbers. Slice the tomatoes. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the chilli. Pick the coriander leaves.
3. Make the dressing: Combine the garlic, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon per person of sugar and 2 tablespoons per person of water in a bowl. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Add chilli to taste.
4. Cook the rice noodles: Place the rice noodles in a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain through a colander or sieve.
5. Cook the beef: Add the steak to the preheated char grill pan (or frying pan or barbecue). Sprinkle salt over the beef and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove the steak and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
6. Make the salad: Combine the noodles, onions, capsicums, cucumbers, tomatoes, coriander, beef and the dressing in a serving bowl. Mix to combine.
7. To serve: Divide the salad between serving plates. Top with the peanut and shallot mix.