Tandoori chicken with turmeric rice & chilli & coriander yogurt
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
2 chicken Marylands
1 Greek yoghurt tub
1 tandoori chicken paste sachet
1 basmati rice sachet
1 turmeric ground sachet
1 brown onion
1 coriander bunch
1 long green chilli
Allergens: Garlic, onion, dairy
Pantry staples: Salt
Chef's notes: For extra flavour, score (make small cuts into the meat) the chicken and rub in the tandoori paste.
1. Prepare the ingredients: Preheat oven to 200C fan forced. Wash the vegetables. Cut the tomato into thin wedges. Thinly slice the onion. Finely chop the chilli. Finely chop the coriander. Cut the lemon into wedges.
2. Marinate the chicken: Combine the tandoori paste and 2 teaspoons per person of the yoghurt in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat the paste all over. Place the marinated chicken on a lined baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until just cooked.
3. Cook the turmeric rice: Meanwhile, place the rice in a bowl and wash with cold water. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the washed rice and the turmeric in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve.
4. Salt the onion: In a bowl, rub the onion with a big pinch of salt and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Make the coriander and chilli yoghurt: Combine half of the coriander and half of the chilli with the remaining yoghurt and a pinch of salt.
6. Remove the chicken: Once the chicken is removed from the oven, rest for 5 minutes. The chicken is cooked when the thickest part is poked with a skewer and the juices run clear.
7. Make the salad: Add the tomatoes, half of the chilli and half of the coriander in with the salted onion and mix well.
8. To serve: Divide the tandoori chicken, turmeric rice, salad and yoghurt between the serving plates. Serve with the lemon wedges.