Tacos al pastore, pulled pork, red cabbage, green tomato sala
MASTERCLASS INGREDIENT BOX RECIPE | COOK: 15MINS
1. Pulled pork
2. Pickled red cabbage
3. Tortillas (the 12.5cm ones - smallest in the packet)
4. String cheese
5. Green tomato salsa
1. White onion (1/2 of the white onion provided)
2. Coriander (1/3 of the coriander provided)
3. Avocado (1/3 of the avocado provided)
4. Lime (1/2 of the lime provided)
1. Over a high heat, pre-heat a pan and heat through each tortilla - ensuring to flip them. The idea is to give freshness to the tortilla, this can also be done directly over a flame. Each side will only need a few seconds. After each tortilla is heated through, stack them up so they stay pliable.
2. At the same time, start to heat the pulled pork in a saucepan over medium/low heat until it comes to a simmer.
3. Thinly slice the white onion and soak in cold cold water for a few minutes to milden the onion
flavour. Also slice the avocado and chop some washed coriander.
4. To plate the dish, place a taco on your plate. Stack some pre-prepared cabbage followed by your pork, green tomato sauce, string cheese, salsa, coriander and onion.
No pork: Pulled beef will replace pork, use as per the recipe.
Vegetarian/vegan/pescatarian: Mexican oregano mushrooms will replace the meat, use as per the recipe.