Sweet potato & lentil burger, lettuce, potato bun, fries
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Sweet potato & lentil patty
Tomato (½ supplied)
Dutch Cream potato (½ supplied)
Brown onion (½ supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Chopping board, knife, large frying pan, flat grill or barbecue (optional)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Dairy, wheat, gluten, sesame, onion, garlic
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash all the vegetables. Peel then cut the potatoes into 1cm thick slices. Further cut the potato slices into 1cm thick chips. Slice the tomato. Separate the lettuce leaves. Dice the onion. Slice the pickles lengthwise.
2. Cook the fries: Rinse the potato chips in running water to remove the starch. Heat a generous splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the fries, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and drain on absorbent paper. Season well.
3. Toast the buns: Open up the buns. Heat a small splash of oil in another frying pan over medium heat. Toast the buns, for 2 minutes or until brown on the cut side of the buns.
4. Cook the patties: Gently shape the sweet potato and lentil mix into 1.5cm thick patties, one per person. Heat a splash of oil in the frying pan over high heat. Place the patties into the pan. Place some chopped onion on the top. When the underside is browned, turn the patties over and cook on the other side until the onion is cooked and the patty is heated through.
5. To serve: Place the buns on the serving plates. Top with the patties, then some of the lettuce, tomato and the pickles. Spoon the burger sauce on top and serve with the chips and remaining vegetables.