Sweet potato & coconut fritters, mango hot sauce
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Red wine vinegar
Coconut and chilli (sambal)
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
Specialised equipment: Grater, blender (optional)
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Peel and grate the sweet potato. Slice the capsicum thinly. Shred the cabbage. Slice the spring onion thinly. Peel the mango and remove the skin.
2. Make the sweet potato fritters: Combine the sweet potato, plain flour and coconut in a bowl. Add a little water to make a batter. Using a spoon add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to the pan for each fritter (you can cook a few at a time, just leave yourself enough space for flipping). Cook the fritters for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through, using a turner to flip them. Remove from the heat and place on absorbent paper.
3. Make the mango and chilli sauce: Finely chop the mango, chilli and ¼ of the spring onion. Combine the mango puree with the red wine vinegar in a bowl. Alternatively, you can blend the ingredients to make a sauce.
4. Make the slaw: Combine the capsicum, cabbage and remaining spring onion in a bowl. Stir through a spoon of the mango and chilli sauce to dress the salad.
5. To serve: Divide the sweet potato fritters and slaw between the serving plates. Serve with the mango and chilli sauce.