Steak & frites, herb & garlic butter, salad
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, dairy
Hawaji spice: Ingredients: Spices, salt, citric acid
Tahini: Ingredient: Sesame, salt, citric acid. Contains: Sesame
Chicken schnitzel: Best before: 20/01/2021
1. Preheat a char grill pan.
2. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Cut the potatoes into 1cm thick slices then further cut the slices into 1cm thick size chip pieces. Wash the potatoes to remove any excess starch. Peel and finely chop the shallot. Cut the lemon into wedges.
3. Fry the frites: Add a generous amount of oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the potato chips to the pan in a single layer. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, turning often, until they are golden, crisp and cooked through. Remove from the pan onto a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt.
4. Cook the steak: Meanwhile, oil and season the steak. Add the steak to the preheated char grill pan (or frying pan or barbecue). Cook for 10 minutes or until brown on both sides and cooked to your liking. Remove the steak from the pan and rest for 5 minutes.
5. Make the salad: Combine the tomato, lettuce and shallots in a bowl.
6. To serve: Divide the steaks and frites between the serving plates. Place the c compound butter on top of each steak. Serve with the salad and remaining lemon wedges.