Steak & frites, herb & garlic butter, salad
WRITTEN RECIPE AND DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
Baby cos lettuce
Dutch Cream potatoes
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, dairy
NOTES: Bring steak to room temperature before cooking.
1. Preheat a char grill pan.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Finely chop the shallot. Cut the lemon into wedges. Cut the tomato into wedges. Roughly chop the lettuce. Crush the garlic. Finely chop a sprig of thyme per person. Cut potatoes into 1cm thick slices; cut slices into 1cm thick chips. Wash the potatoes to remove any excess starch.
3. Make the salad: Combine the shallots and half of the lemon juice in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes. Right before serving add the lettuce and tomato; mix to combine.
4. Make the herb and garlic butter: Place the butter with the garlic, the thyme and a splash of oil in a bowl; mix well to combine.
5. Fry the frites: Heat a generous splash of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Cook chips, turning often, for eight minutes or until golden and cooked through.
6. Cook the steak: Drizzle a little oil and sprinkle a little salt over the steak. Add the steak to the preheated char grill pan (or frying pan or barbecue). Cook the steaks for two minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and rest for five minutes.
7. To serve: Divide the steaks and frites between the serving plates. Place the garlic and herb butter on top of each steak. Serve with the salad and remaining lemon wedges.