Steak fajitas, pico de Gallo, guacamole
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Small flour tortillas
Long red chilli
Allergens: Garlic, onion, wheat, gluten
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, vinegar: white wine, red wine or apple cider, (optional)
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Slice half of the onions and capsicums into 1cm slices. Finely chop the remaining onions. Finely chop half of the coriander. Pick the remaining coriander leaves. Chop the tomatoes into a small dice. Finely chop the chilli. Halve the avocado and remove the seed. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef.
2. Make the pico de gallo and guacamole: Combine the tomato, half of the diced onions and half of the chopped coriander in a bowl with a pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar. Mix well. Place into a serving bowl.: Spoon the avocado into a bowl with the remaining chopped onion and chopped coriander. Add a pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar. Mix well. Place into a serving bowl.
3. Cook the beef and vegetables: Heat a splash of cooking oil in a large frying pan over high. Cook the beef for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Add the sliced onions and capsicums to the frying pan. Cook for two minutes or until softened slightly.
4. Warm the tortillas: Heat and soften the tortillas directly over a gas flame or in a frying pan. Keep warm by wrapping in a tea towel or in a low oven.
5. To serve: Place the cooked onions and capsicums into a serving bowl, sprinkle with coriander leaves. Serve with the sliced beef, warm tortillas, pico de gallo and the guacamole.