Spicy lamb curry, pineapple & cucumber salad
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW. CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Madras curry paste
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, wheat, gluten
NOTES: Make sure you cut the lamb into small pieces; the larger the pieces the longer it will take to cook. Add as much or as little chilli as you would like. Pineapple is used in many ways in Sri Lanka, including in this curry!
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Cut the tomato, pineapple and cucumber into a small dice. Slice the capsicum. Cut the lime into wedges. Thinly slice the chilli. Cut the lamb into 1.5cm cubes. Smash the lemongrass with the back of your knife and cut into 5cm pieces. Watch the video to see Charlie prepare the lemongrass.
2. Cook the curry: Heat a splash of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass and as much chilli as you like. Cook for 2 minutes. Add lamb and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the lamb is browned slightly. Add the curry paste, cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut cream, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 35 minutes stirring occasionally. Add water if necessary while cooking. Add the capsicum, cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
3. Make the salad: Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, cucumber and tomato in a bowl, squeeze some lime over the salad and season with salt.
4. Make the roti: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook roti, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until crisp and puffed.
5. To serve up: Divide the lamb curry between serving plates. Serve with the roti, remaining lime wedges and pineapple salad.