Spiced chickpea gyros, mint yoghurt, salad
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Gyros spice mix
Pita (use 1/2 supplied)
Cucumber (use 1/3 supplied)
Tomato (use 1/2 supplied)
Red onion (use 1/2 supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Medium frying pan, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Preheat oven to 210C fan forced.Prepare the produce
2. Wash the vegetables. Dice the tomato. Dice the cucumber. Slice the onion.
3. Cook the chickpeas: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the chickpeas and a little of the spice mix. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until crisp.
4. Heat the pita: Heat and soften the pitas directly over a gas flame or in a frying pan.
5. To serve: Divide the pitas between serving plates. Top with the chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, onion and mint yogurt.