Giant white beans, sweet & sour onions
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Giant white beans
Sweet and sour olives
YOU’LL NEED: Medium frying pan, colander or sieve, chopping board, baking tray, knife, peeler
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Dairy, garlic, onion
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan forced
2. Prepare the vegetables Wash the vegetables. Thickly slice the onions into rounds. Using a peeler make long strips of the cheese. Halve a few of the cherry tomatoes
3. Cook the tomatoes Add the remaining tomatoes to a baking tray. Spoon some of the olives and garlic from the sweet and sour olives, with a little of the sweet and sour liquid over the tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are blistered.
4. Cook the sweet and sour onions and giant beans: Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add the remaining olives and sauce. Cook a further couple of minutes or until the sauce is reduced. Remove from the pan. Add the giant beans to the (unwashed) pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the beans are heated through.
5. Make the salad: Combine most of the rocket and shaved pecorino into a bowl.
6. To serve: Spoon the giant beans onto a serving platter with the warmed olives and garlic, and the remaining rocket. Serve with the rocket, shaved pecorino and blistered tomato salad and the sweet and sour onions.