Silverbeet & feta borek, beetroot salad, garlic yogurt
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Allergens: Dairy, egg, garlic, onion
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Slice the stem and the silver beet leaves separately. Thinly slice the onions. Roughly chop the mint. Roughly chop the parsley. Slice half of the garlic. Finely chop or grate the remaining garlic.
2. Cook the filling: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute half of the onions and the sliced garlic until soft. Add the silverbeet stems, cook for 3 minutes. Add the silverbeet leaves, cook until softened. Stir through half of the herbs and the feta.
3. Cook the borek: Preheat the oven to 180C fan forced. Lay out 6 sheets of the filo (12 for 4people). Brush a little cooking oil between the sheets, connect the sheets to make a long sheet. Spread the filling along the filo and roll up into a sausage shape. Roll to make a snail. Brush with the remaining oil and place onto a baking tray. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crisp.
4. Make the salad: Place the beetroot in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until just tender. Remove the beetroot and cool under running water. Slice the beetroot thinly. Combine the remaining onion in a bowl with the sumac and a pinch of salt. Rub the salt and spice into the onion and sprinkle over the beetroot. Top with the remaining herbs.
5. Make the garlic yogurt: Combine the crushed garlic and the yogurt in a small bowl.