MASTERCLASS INGREDIENT BOX RECIPE | COOK: 15MINS
1. Free range pork sausage
2. Pre-made black bean mix
3. Pre-made guava salad dressing
5. Red onion
9. Coriander (required for all three nights)
1. Preheat a splash of our preferred oil in a pan over a low to medium heat.
2. Prick the sausages with a fork to ensure they keep their shape while cooking. Add the sausages to the pan.
3. In a pot over a medium heat, add the pre-prepared black bean mix. This is already cooked so you just want to heat it through.
4. Using a knife, take the spine out of the kale leaves. If you prefer smaller pieces you can also rip leaves with your hands.
5. Check on the sausages and ensure to flip them so they cook evenly.
6. To prepare the salad, thinly slice the fennel and red onion. Dice the tomato, mint and coriander. Combine all ingredients in a bowl with some of the guava dressing – remember not to use it all so you have some for the beef dish tomorrow!
7. Check on the sausages, flipping them if any area is looking raw and moving them to the side of the pan, then add the kale to the pan.
8. To plate up, place the bean feijoada on the bottom of the plate, then add the sausage on top. Garnish with the salad and kale.
Vegetarian: Marinated roasted leek is provided. Heat up and use as per the recipe.
No pork: Diner to replace pork sausage with chicken sausage, use as per recipe.