Salted Blue Grenadier, Potato Salad, Egg, Olive Sauce
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO.
Potato (½ supplied)
Brown onion (½ supplied)
Parsley (½ supplied)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium saucepan, medium frying pan, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Fish, egg, onion, garlic
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables. Slice the potatoes into 3mm slices. Slice the onions and parsley thinly.
2. Cook the potatoes and eggs: Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Put the sliced potatoes in the boiling water. Boil for two minutes then add the eggs into the pot. Continue to cook another eight minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
3. Cook the onion: Meanwhile, heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion for three minutes or until soft and translucent. Remove the onions from the pan and wash the pan briefly.
4. Prepare the fish: Place the fish into a bowl and rub with a little oil and salt. Preheat a generous splash of oil in the frying pan used to cook the onions. Add the fish, skin side down. Press the fish flat using a pan to crisp the skin. Cook for 5 minutes or until the skin releases itself from the pan. Cook the fish on one side only.
5. Prepare to serve: Peel the eggs under running water (this helps remove the shell). Combine the potatoes with the sauteed onions and most of the parsley. Drizzle some olive oil and squeeze the lemon over the potatoes.
6. To serve: Divide the potato salad between the serving plates. Place the fish skin side up on the salad. Top with the egg and the olive sauce. Garnish with the remaining parsley.