Saganaki, honey figs, salad
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Fig with honey and olives
Pita (use 1/2 supplied)
Cucumber (use 1/3 supplied)
Tomato (use 1/2 supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil
YOU’LL NEED: Frying pan, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Dairy, wheat, gluten, yeast
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Preheat oven to 200C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash all the vegetables. Roughly chop the tomato. Roughly chop the cucumber. Chop the lettuce. Cut the pita into wedges. Cut the lemon into wedges.
3. Heat the pita: Place the pita wedges onto a baking pan and put in a preheated oven. Cook for 5 minutes or until warm and toasted.
4. Cook the saganaki: Lightly dust the cheese in the flour. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the cheese for one or two minutes a side or until brown and soft. Remove from the pan.
5. Make the salad: Combine the tomato, cucumber, lettuce and the olives in a bowl. Drizzle with a little of the honey dressing and half of the lemon.
6. To serve: Divide the cheese and salad between the plates. Spoon the figs and remaining honey dressing over the cheese. Serve with the remaining lemon.