Sabich pita - egg, eggplant, tahini, amba
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Pita (use ½ supplied)
Cucumber (use ½ supplied)
Tomato (use ½ supplied)
Red onion (use ⅓ supplied)
Parsley (use ½ supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Frying pan, bowl, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Egg, sesame, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash all the vegetables. Slice the eggplant into 1cm rounds. Cut the cucumber and tomato into a 1cm dice. Thinly slice the onion. Finely chop the chilli. Thinly slice the parsley.
2. Cook the eggplant: Lightly dust the eggplant with the flour. Heat a large splash of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the eggplants until crisp on the outside and tender. Remove from the pan and place on absorbent paper.
3. Cook the eggs: Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Put the eggs in the water and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from the water, cool in a bowl of cold water. Gently remove the shell. Cut the egg into 1cm slices.
4. Make the salad: Meanwhile, combine the tomato, cucumber, chilli, onion and parsley in a bowl.
5. Heat the pitas: Warm the pitas on a preheated frying pan, in an oven or directly over a gas flame. Cut the top off the pita and gently open.
6. To serve: Spread some tahini and amba in the pita. Layer the eggplant, egg and salad in the pita. Finish with a little more tahini and amba.