Rosemary grilled lamb, lentil salad
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Lentils and bulgur
Seed and fruit mix
Cucumber (use 1/3 supplied)
Red onion (use 1/2 supplied)
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
YOU’LL NEED: Char grill or barbecue or frying pan, saucepan, colander or sieve, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, dairy, wheat, gluten
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the produce: Wash all the vegetables. Slice the parsley thinly. Dice the cucumber. Thin out the lamb, if needed.
2. Cook the lentils and bulgur: Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the lentils and bulgur to the water. Simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and cool under running water.
3. Cook the lamb: Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Spoon a little of the dressing over the lamb and place on the preheated grill. Cook for 15 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Baste regularly using the rosemary dipped in the dressing. Rest for 5 minutes. Reheat briefly on the grill to reheat before serving, if desired. Slice the lamb thickly to serve.
4. Make the salad: Combine the cooled grains with the seed mix, cucumber, tomato, onion and the remainder of the dressing.
5. To serve: Serve the sliced lamb with the grain salad.