Roast pumpkin pizza with bocconcini, rocket & chilli
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Pantry staples: Olive oil, salt, sugar, pepper
Allergens: Garlic, wheat, gluten, yeast, dairy
1. Preheat the oven to 210C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the pumpkin. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the chilli. Tear each bocconcini in half.
3. Roast the pumpkin and pumpkin seeds: Place the pumpkin slices in a bowl with a splash of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Lay the pumpkin slices onto a lined baking tray and roast in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin seeds and roast for a further 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and slightly browned.
4. Make the pizza sauce: Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the tomato polpa, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add salt and/or sugar to taste.
Alternatively you can spread the tomato polpa and garlic directly on the pizza base before baking.
5. Bake the pizza: Spread the tomato polpa over the pizza base. Top with the bocconcini and roasted pumpkin. Bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes or until the pizza base is crisp and the cheese has melted.
6. To serve: Top the pizza with the chilli, pumpkin seeds and rocket.