Roast cauliflower shawarma, hummus, pita
WRITTEN RECIPE AND DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
Pickled red cabbage
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Wheat, gluten, yeast, onion, sesame
Hummus: Ingredients: Chickpeas, tahini (sesame seeds), sea salt, vinegar, citric acid. Allergens: Sesame
Pickled red cabbage: Ingredients: Cabbage, vinegar, sugar
Shawarma mix: Ingredients: Spices, ginger, salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees fan-forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Separate the cauliflower into florets. Dice the tomato. Dice the onion. Dice the cucumber. Slice the coriander.
3. Cook the cauliflower: Boil a saucepan of salted water. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 3 minutes. Strain through a sieve or colander. Place the cauliflower onto a baking tray. Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with a little salt and the spice mix. Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
4. Make the salad: Combine the tomato, onion, cucumber and coriander in a bowl.
5. Heat the flatbread: Heat the flatbread directly over a gas flame, in a frying pan or in the oven until soft and warmed through.
6. To serve: Divide the flatbread between the serving plates. Top with the hummus, roasted cauliflower, salad and pickled cabbage.