Quinoa stuffed capsicum, broccoli, chimmi churri
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL
- Nut and seed mix
- Chimmi churri mix
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the quinoa and boil for about 8-10 minutes or unit the grains split.
- Place the capsicum over an open flame to char the skin. Use tongs to turn the capsicum, ensuring an even cook. It will take around 10 minutes to cook, letting the skin burn with make it easy to remove and ensure the capsicum is cooked through.
- Thinly dice the oregano, coriander and tomato. Season with the nut and seed mix, lemon and salt.
- Roughly chop the broccoli into chunks.
- Preheat a splash of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the broccoli to the pan.
- Under running water, remove the charred skin from the capsicum and clean the inside. If you find it still needs a little more cook, add it to the pan with the broccoli.
- Remove the quinoa from the stove and strain any excess water.
- Stir the quinoa through the diced tomato and herb mix. Season with some olive oil.
- Remove the capsicum from the pan and stuff it with the quinoa mix using a spoon.
- Continue to toss the broccoli, adding more oil if required. Once cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- To plate up, scatter the broccoli around the plate. Place the stuffed capsicum in the centre of the place and garnish with the chimmi churri and a wedge of lemon.
For downloadable pdf version, click here.