Prawn spring roll bun cha vermicelli noodles
DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE BELOW.
Prawn spring rolls
Rice wine vinegar
Peanut and shallot mix
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, white sugar
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic, nuts (peanut), wheat, gluten, fish. Spring rolls may contain shellfish, milk, egg, sesame seeds.
SPECIALISED EQUIPMENT: Grater
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan forced.
2. Prepare the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables. Half the cucumbers lengthwise and slice thinly on the diagonal. Cut the carrots into matchstick size pieces. Slice the radishes into rounds. Separate the lettuce leaves. Pick the mint leaves. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the chilli.
3. Make the dressing (nuoc cham): Combine the garlic, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon per person of sugar and 2 tablespoons per person of water in a bowl. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Add chilli to taste.
4. Cook the spring rolls: Place the spring rolls onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle a little oil over them and roll to coat. Place the spring rolls into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes, turning once, or until crisp all over.
5. Soak the vermicelli: Meanwhile, place the vermicelli noodles in a bowl. Cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under running water. Season the noodles with a little nuoc cham.
6. Make the salad: Combine the cucumbers, carrots, radishes and Vietnamese mint with a little of the nuoc cham in a bowl. Mix well.
7. To serve: Divide the lettuce and noodles between the serving bowls. Top the noodles with the spring rolls, salad, peanut and shallot mix and remaining nuoc cham.