Potato & mozzarella tortilla
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt, pepper
YOU’LL NEED: Non stick frying pan, bowl, knife, chopping board
ALLERGENS: Egg, dairy
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan forced.
2. Prepare the ingredients: Wash all the vegetables. Peel and slice the potatoes into slices. Thinly slice the spring onions. Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a tablespoon of water per egg. Cut a few of the tomatoes.
3. Blanch the spinach: Pour boiling water over most of the spinach. Let sit for a couple of minutes to soften. Remove the spinach from the water. Reserve a little spinach for serving.
4. Cook the tortilla: Heat a splash of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes or until brown on both sides and cooked halfway. Add the whole tomatoes. Cook, stirring until blistered slightly. Reduce the heat to low. Add the egg mixture. When the egg starts to set add the spinach and the spring onions. Cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes until the egg mixture is mostly set. Top with the cheese and place into the preheated oven. Cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
5. To serve: Serve the tortilla in the pan. Top with the remaining spinach and cut tomatoes.