Pork vindaloo curry with carrot, spinach & red onion salad
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD AVAILABLE SOON.
Vindaloo curry paste
Long red chilli
Allergens: Garlic, onion
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt, vinegar
Note: Vindaloo is a Southern Indian curry that usually contains tomatoes, vinegar and black pepper.
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Peel and thinly slice the carrots into rounds. Finely chop half of the onions, thinly slice the remainder. Thinly slice the long red chilli. Cut the pork into 2cm cubes.
2. Make the curry: Heat a splash of oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 10 minutes or until dark brown in colour. Add the curry paste and cook for an additional minute. Add the tomato polpa, pork and chilli to taste. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the pork is just cooked through. Taste the curry and add salt and vinegar, if needed.
3. Cook the rice: Meanwhile, place the rice in a bowl and wash with cold water. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve.
4. Make the salad: Combine the carrots, sliced onions and spinach leaves in a bowl.
5. To serve: Divide the curry and salad between serving dishes. Serve with the basmati rice.