Pad Kra Pao Moo
MASTERCLASS INGREDIENT BOX RECIPE | COOK: 15MINS
1. Marinated pork
2. Pad Kra sauce
6. Green beans
1. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil.
2. Rinse the rice in a bowl or colander three times, this will avoid the rice sticking together – giving you perfect, fluffy rice. Once rinsed, boil the rice for 8 minutes.
3. Pre-heat a large pan over a high heat.
4. Thinly slice the pork.
5. Add a splash of your preferred oil to the pan. Add the pork, working in batches. Ensure to not over-crowd the pan as this will stew the meat rather than browning it.
6. Give the lettuce a quick wash and cut the base off, freeing up all the leaves.
7. Flip the pork to brown evenly and transfer to a plate once it is evenly cooked.
8. To fry the egg, crack it into hot pan and add a little more oil if needed to release it from the base of the pan. Once the white of the egg goes opaque transfer it to a plate.
9. Increase the heat to high and add the green beans to the pan, ensuring they are all laid flat. Having them flat will cause the beans to blister, which is optimal for this dish.
10. Once the beans are nicely blistered, add the pork and the marinade to the pan and toss - ensuring the marinade coats all the ingredients.
11. To plate up, portion the stir fry mixture onto the required number of plates. Add the fried egg on-top and the lettuce leaves on the side. Serve with a bowl of steamed rice in the centre of the table.
Vegetarian: Marinated tofu and smoked eggplant is provided. Heat up in the pan and use as per the recipe.
Please note this recipe contains gluten (soy sauce) and fish sauce.