Pad Kra Pao Moo, pork stir fry, green beans
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Pork loin (please note pork has not been marinated as it states in video, we have mixed the marinade through the pad kra sauce instead)
Pad kra sauce
YOU’LL NEED: Large frying pan, small frying pan, chopping board, knife, medium saucepan
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Garlic, fish, gluten
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. To cook the rice: Place a saucepan of water on to boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch then add to the pot of boiling water. Boil for approximately 8 minutes or until cooked through.
2. To prepare the meat and vegetables: Thinly slice the pork. Wash the vegetables. Cut the base of the lettuce, freeing up the leaves. Remove ends from beans.
3. Cook the pork and beans: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan. Brown the pork in batches ensuring not to overcrowd the pan. Set pork aside. Increase heat to high. Cook beans until blistered.
4. To finish the stir fry: Add the pork and the pad kra sauce to the beans. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until sauce is heated through and all ingredients are combined.
5. To fry the egg: Heat a splash of oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Crack the egg into the hot pan and fry for 3 minutes or until white of the egg goes opaque. Remove from heat.
6. To serve up: Divide pork stir fry between the bowls. Top with lettuce and fried egg and sprinkle with a few Thai basil leaves. Serve rice in a large bowl to share.