Pad Kra Pao Moo, pork stir fry, green beans
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Marinated pork loin
Pad kra sauce
YOU’LL NEED: Large frying pan, small frying pan, chopping board, knife, medium saucepan
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Garlic, fish, gluten
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Cook the rice: Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked strain through a sieve. Fluff with a fork, cover with a tea towel and set aside.
2. Prepare the meat and vegetables: Thinly slice the pork. Wash the vegetables. Cut the base of the lettuce, freeing up the leaves. Remove the ends from the beans.
3. Cook the pork and beans: Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Brown the pork in batches ensuring not to overcrowd the pan. Set the pork aside. Increase heat to high. Cook the beans until blistered.
4. Finish the stir fry: Add the pork and the pad kra sauce to the beans. Cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until the sauce is heated through and all ingredients are combined.
5. Fry the egg: Heat a splash of oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Crack the egg into the hot pan and fry for 3 minutes or until the white of the egg goes opaque. Remove from heat.
6. Serve up: Divide the pork stir fry between the bowls. Top with the lettuce and fried egg. Sprinkle with a few Thai basil leaves. Serve the rice in a large bowl to share.