Pork Belly, noodles, ginger greens
PLEASE NOTE THESE VIDEOS WERE FILMED WHEN WE OFFERED FULL RECIPES. USE THEM AS A GUIDE AND REFER TO WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Soy and Chilli sauce
Ginger (½ of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Baking tray, metal rack, medium saucepan, knife, chopping board, paper towel
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Gluten, sesame, wheat, soy, egg
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
Please note, the video mentions a separate sesame mixture. We have combined that with the soy and chilli sauce.
1. Preheat the oven to 210 degrees fan-forced.
2. Prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Remove the skin from the ginger and chop finely. Halve the broccoli lengthways, splitting the stalks.
3. Cook the pork: Place a metal rack in the baking tray. Place the pork belly on the metal rack, skin side up. Drizzle a little oil over the pork and sprinkle with salt. Bake the pork in the oven for 20 minutes or until skin is crisp. Remove pork from the oven and slice thickly.
4. Cook the noodles and Chinese broccoli: Bring a medium size saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the noodles in the boiling water for approximately two minutes or until just cooked. While the noodles are cooking, place the broccoli stems in the boiling water for one minute, leaving the stems exposed. Lower the broccoli leaves into the pan and blanch for 30 seconds. Re move the broccoli and combine with the ginger. Drain noodles and rinse with warm water to remove any excess starch.
4. To serve: Divide the noodles, Chinese broccoli and pork between serving plates. Spoon over the soy and chilli sauce.