Peri peri pumpkin wedge, pickled corn, rice
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Peri peri sauce
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic
Peri peri sauce: Ingredients: Onion, garlic, chilli, oil, vinegar, spices, citric acid, sugar, potato starch. Contains: Onion and garlic
Pickled corn: Ingredients: Corn, onion, capsicum, chilli, vinegar, sugar, salt. Contains: Onion
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Cut the pumpkin into wedges. Shave the zucchini using a peeler or slice thinly. Dice the tomato. Slice the coriander.
2. Cook the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked, strain the rice through a sieve.
3. Make the salad: Combine the zucchini, tomato and pickled corn.
4. Cook the pumpkin: Preheat a char grill pan. Drizzle a little oil over the pumpkin pieces. Place onto the grill and cook until tender. The pumpkin can also be cooked in a hot oven or in a frying pan.
5. To serve: Divide the rice and pumpkin between serving plates. Top with the salad and peri peri sauce.