Peri peri chicken, pickled corn, lemon rice
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Peri peri sauce
Chicken drumsticks and thighs
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, garlic
Peri per sauce: Ingredients: Onion, garlic, chilli, oil, vinegar, spices, citric acid, sugar, potato starch. Contains: Onion and garlic
Pickled corn: Ingredients: Corn, onion, capsicum, chilli, vinegar, sugar, salt. Contains: Onion
Chicken: Best before: 20/01/2021
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Dice the tomato. Grate the zucchini. Slice the coriander.
2. Make the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked, strain the rice through a sieve.
3. Cook the chicken: Preheat a char grill pan or frying pan over medium heat. Drizzle a little oil over the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill and sprinkle with a little salt. Cook, turning often, for 10 minutes or until cooked through and browned all over. You can cook the chicken on a barbecue, if you prefer.
4. Make the salad: Place the pickled corn, zucchini, tomato and coriander in a bowl. Mix to combine.
5. To serve: Divide the rice, salad and chicken between the serving plates. Spoon the peri peri sauce over the chicken.