Mushroom ragu fettuccine, sautéed silver beet
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Cream & parmesan stock
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: Medium saucepan, 2 medium frying pans, colander, timer, chopping board, knife
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion, gluten, dairy, egg
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Wash all the vegetables. Slice the mushrooms thickly. Slice the garlic and chilli thinly. Dice the silver beet stems and the leaves separately. Finely chop the parsley.
2. Cook the mushrooms: Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms and half of the garlic for approximately 10 minutes, or until brown and cooked through. Add the cream and parmesan stock, bring to the boil and then remove from the heat.
3. Cook the silver beet: Heat a splash of olive oil in another medium frying pan (or saucepan) over medium-high heat. Add the remaining garlic and chilli. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the silver beet stems, stir fry two minutes and then add the leaves. Continue cooking for two minutes or until all vegetables are cooked through. Squeeze the lemon over the silver beet and drizzle with a little more olive oil.
4. Cook the pasta: Put the pasta in the rapidly boiling water and boil for one minutes and 45 seconds. When cooked strain through a colander. Be careful not to overcook the pasta.
5. To serve: Combine the pasta and mushroom sauce to mix through. Divide the mushroom pasta between serving plates, sprinkle with parsley. Serve with the silver beet, garlic and chilli.