Mushroom pho, onion, herbs
MASTERCLASS INGREDIENT BOX RECIPE | COOK: 15MINS
1. Mushroom stock concentrate
1. Shiitake mushrooms
2. Enoki mushrooms
3. King brown mushrooms
4. Shimeji mushrooms
5. Oyster mushrooms
6. Chinese broccoli
8. Vietnamese mint
9. Bean spouts
10. White onion
1. Wash all the ingredients that have not been pre-pared.
2. To make the pho broth, place our pre-prepared 500ml of stock concentrate into a pot. Add 1.5 litres of tap water and all the mushrooms. Place on medium heat and bring to the boil. We have included some pho spice mix for you to intensify the flavour as required. Once you are happy with the flavour, add the Chinese broccoli into the pot to cook.
3. In another pot, boil about 1.5 litres of water and then drop in the pho noodles. Boil the noodles for about two minutes then strain them. There are other methods to cook these noodles, we find this method works well.
4. Wash the herbs. Put the sliced onion, herbs and bean sprouts on a plate.
5. Place the pho noodles in your serving bowls and pour over the aromatic stock whilst dividing the mushrooms between each bowl, then add the Chinese broccoli,. Let the guests add the herbs and garnishes to their liking.
DIETARIES AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
Vegetarian/vegan: Use light soy sauce, instead of the fish sauce.
Meat eaters: Slice some raw beef and add it to the broth once it is at the boil.