Mushroom Okonomiyaki, egg, daikon
CLICK ON CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Miso mushroom mix
Eggs (use 1/2 of supplied)
Carrot (use 1/2 of supplied)
Daikon (use 1/2 of supplied)
Capsicum (any colour)
Wombok (use 1/2 of supplied)
YOU’LL NEED: Grater, large frying pan, chopping board, knife, spatula
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed)
ALLERGENS: Soy, mushroom, seaweed, sesame, gluten, onion, garlic
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly. The recipe below serves two people. Make two okonomiyaki for 4 people and three for 6 people.
1. To prepare the vegetables: Wash the vegetables. Grate the carrot and daikon. Finely slice the cabbage, capsicum and whites of the spring onion. Thinly slice the top of the spring onion on the diagonal into thin strips.
2. To make okonomiyaki batter: Whisk together the flour and eggs in a medium bowl. Add vegetables to the batter, stir to combine all the ingredients.
3. To cook okonomiyaki: Heat frying pan over a medium heat, add a splash of your preferred oil. Add batter to pan and spread out evenly 2cm thickness. Cook approximately 4 minutes per side or until cooked through and evenly browned. Turn pancake over using two spatulas to finish cooking. See note above when cooking for 4/6 people. Once okonomiyaki is browned and cooked through take out of the frying pan and set aside on a serving plate.
5. To heat the mushrooms: In the same frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook until heated through.
6. To serve up: Spoon mushrooms onto okonomiyaki and top with spring onions.