Minute steak, potatoes, radish, chimichurri
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL
Chimichurri sauce base
YOU’LL NEED: Chopping board, knife, large frying pan, paper towel
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Garlic, onion
These instructions are to serve 2 people. When cooking for 1, 4 or 6 the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables and herbs. Slice the potatoes into 1cm thick rounds. Halve the radishes, leaving 2cm of the stalks attached.
2. Cook the potatoes and radishes: Heat a big splash of your preferred oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook each side of the potatoes for three minutes or until browned and cooked through. Drain the potatoes on a paper towel. Add the radishes to the frying pan and turn the heat up. Cook the radishes for two minutes or until blistered and slightly cooked. Set the radishes aside.
3. Make chimichurri: Finely chop the coriander and oregano. Combine the herbs in a bowl with the prepared chimichurri sauce base and lemon juice.
4. Cook the steak: Flatten the steak to approximately 1cm using a meat mallet or the base of a small saucepan. Season with salt. Heat a splash of your preferred oil in a pan over a high heat. Cook the steak, in batches, for one minute per side or until browned and cooked to your desired doneness. Steaks can also be cooked on the barbecue.
5. To serve: Divide the potatoes, radishes and steak between plates. Top with the chimichurri sauce.