Lomo saltado: beef stir fry, potatoes, rice
CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO.
Five spice starch
Lomo saltado sauce
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil, salt
ALLERGENS: Onion, soy, wheat
Lomo saltado sauce: Ingredients: Soy, sugar. Contains: Soy, wheat
Five spice starch: Ingredients: Corn starch, salt, spices
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Slice the red onions thinly. Dice the tomato. Pick the coriander leaves. Cut the potatoes into 1cm thick slices then further cut the slices into 1cm thick chips.
2. Cook the rice: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Wash the rice three times to remove the starch. Put the washed rice in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir halfway through to stop the rice from sticking. When cooked, strain the rice through a sieve.
3. Cook the potatoes: Heat a generous splash of oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the potato chips and reserved onions until the potatoes are brown and crisp. Remove from the pan.
4. Cook the beef: Coat the beef in the five spice starch. Heat a frying pan with a generous splash of oil. Cook the beef until cooked to your desired doneness and brown all over. Add the onions, chips and lomo saltado sauce. Simmer all ingredients together.
5. To serve up: Place the rice on a plate and put the lomo saltado on the side. Top with the tomato and coriander.