Lamb Sharwarma Pita
PLEASE CLICK CENTRE OF IMAGE TO BEGIN VIDEO TUTORIAL
Shawarma spiced lamb
Garlic tahini sauce
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Medium frying pan
Heat proof bowl
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil (vegetable or grape seed), salt
ALLERGENS: Sesame, wheat, gluten, yeast
These instructions are to serve two people. When cooking for one, four or six the same techniques apply but the preparation and cooking times may change slightly.
1. Prepare the bulgur: Boil the kettle. Place the bulgur in a heat proof bowl with boiling water, add twice the amount of water as you have bulgur. Let sit for 15 minutes, ensuring the bulgur is completely submerged. Strain any excess water and set aside.
2. Cook the lamb: Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the lamb in batches for five minutes or until brown on both sides. Remove from the pan.
3. Make the Tabouli: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the parsley. Finely chop the tomato and cucumber. Combine the tomato, cucumber and parsley in a bowl with a little olive oil and salt.
4. Toast the flatbread: Toast the flatbread directly over an open flame for 30 seconds each side until pliable, then transfer to a plate. Stack the flatbreads and cover with a tea towel. If you don’t have a gas stove, heat the flatbread in a hot oven for a couple of minutes.
5. To serve: Place a flatbread on the serving plates. Divide the garlic tahini sauce, tabouli, pickled turnips and the lamb between the dishes.