Lamb kofta tajine, cous cous, silverbeet
FULL METHOD & RECIPE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
Middle eastern spices
Pantry staples: Cooking oil, salt
1. Prepare the ingredients: Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the zucchini. Thinly slice the yellow squash. Cut the silverbeet stems into 2cm pieces. Roughly chop the silverbeet leaves. Finely chop the ginger. Finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the coriander.
2. Make the kofta: Combine the lamb mince, half of the spices, half of the garlic, a quarter of the coriander and a good pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well and shape into walnut sized balls.
3. Cook the tajine: Heat a splash of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the koftas, in batches, for 8 minutes or until browned all over. Remove and place to the side. Cook the ginger, remaining garlic and remaining spices in the pan for one minute then add the tomato polpa. Reduce and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the koftas, zucchini, yellow squash and silverbeet stems and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the koftas are cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Stir through the olives and the silverbeet leaves, remove from the heat.
4. Cook the couscous: Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl with half a cup of boiling water per person. Let sit for 10 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
5. To serve: Divide the couscous and the tajine between serving dishes. Sprinkle with the remaining coriander.