Lamb cevapi, capsicum sauce, potato, dill
WRITTEN RECIPE AND DOWNLOADABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
Dutch cream potato
PANTRY STAPLES: Cooking oil
ALLERGENS: Garlic onion
Ajvar sauce: Ingredients: Capsicum, eggplant, garlic, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper. Contains: Garlic
1. Prepare the vegetables: Wash all the vegetables. Remove the woody ends from the asparagus and slice thinly. Thinly slice the capsicum. Pick the dill leaves. Quarter the potatoes. Crush one garlic clove per person.
2. Cook the potatoes: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes to the water. Cook for 10 minutes or until just cooked through.
3. Cook the cevapi: Mix the lamb mince with a spoon of the ajvar sauce and the crushed garlic. Using wet hands, press the lamb mix into small sausage shapes. Make five cevapi per person. Heat a splash of oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Cook the cevapi, in batches, for 5 minutes or until cooked through and browned all over. Remove from the pan. Reserve the pan with juices for later use. The cevapi can also be grilled on a barbecue or char grilled.
4. Grill the potatoes: Place the potatoes in the oil of the frying pan where the cevapi were cooked. Gently crush the potatoes and coat in the cooking juices. Cook for 5 minutes over high heat until the potatoes start to crisp.
5. To serve: Spread the remaining sauce onto the serving plate. Top with the cevapi, potatoes, thinly sliced capsicum and asparagus and the dill.